Ethos and Values
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
As a Church of England school in partnership with parents and guardians we aim to provide:
- A community based on Christian values which respects the views of others
- A happy, warm and welcoming environment where learning is fun and everyone can feel safe and secure
- A caring and sharing culture where everyone is valued and there are equal opportunities for all
- A stimulating, spiritual, positive and productive learning environment through children, staff and parents working together
In our school we aim to promote feelings of self-esteem and self-respect, in order to develop positive, confident and responsible attitudes towards
- Each other
- Good behaviour
- Our school environment
In our school we aim to promote our values in all we do. We value
- Each other
- High standards in all we do in school
- Successful partnership with parents
- Links with our local community
- Our resources and the environment
In our school we aim to educate the whole child, enabling each one to develop, physically, intellectually, spiritually, emotionally, morally, culturally and socially to their full potential.
We aim to enable each child to develop:
- A sense of self-motivation, the ability to work both independently and co-operatively,
- confidence to make informed choices, which lay the foundations for their future life.
- recognize and value a sense of right and wrong.
We aim to guide each child towards independence in these areas by providing rich learning opportunities, high expectations and challenge. We aim to continually evaluate and improve as a school, in order to continue to reach high educational standards.